May 15, 2013
5 Reasons to Gift Free Travel for Teachers. This blog is especially personal to me, because before I became a recruiter, I was a teacher. I worked as a teacher's aid through college, and was a Spanish teacher at a private school too. I have insight on what it takes to be a teacher. And I am grateful to have had the opportunity to make a difference early in my professional career. That experience has continued to impact the way that I do business today. Educating, mentoring, and caring for people are qualities (that I learned as a teacher). I am mindful about the importance of relationships, and how my words, and actions positively affect the people I serve.
1) An apple is a nice gesture, money is inconsequential (maybe even inappropriate), but travel creates everlasting experiences and memories.
2) Teachers are students of life; travel broadens experiences that inspire teachers to create future lessons.
3) One of the most powerful tools teachers use is sharing; travel creates new stories.
4) Teachers are stuck in a rat race, routine, and consistency makes them successful. Travel brings excitement, adventure, and edge to their game.
5) Teachers need to relax their bodies, hearts, and minds. Travel affords them pleasures of respite and fun.
So if you are thinking of wowing your teacher, or letting them know that you are grateful consider gifting them free travel. There so many travel opportunities available every year. If you need some inspiration, checkout some of the retreats we are funding this year.
Teachers are everywhere, not just in the classroom, there are yoga teachers, fitness instructors, life coaches, and even your financial planner, accountant, and lawyer (they teach me all the time).
Teachers are all among us, be mindful and grateful; gift free travel, and you will forever make a difference in their life.
P.S. If you are short on funds to create or gift an awesome travel adventure or retreat, contact our co-op, we are using recruiting for good to collaboratively raise funds and financially empower people to enjoy free travel and to pay free travel forward to family, friends, and teachers.